July 31, 2020
Welcome back to Term III! It’s been a fabulous return to the classroom with the commencement of exciting Units of Inquiry, experiences that are connected to the real world and differentiated Mathematics and English programmes, reflecting the learning needs of our students. Our wonderful teachers have worked hard to plan an exciting, meaningful programme of learning for all students. Due to the precarious times in which we find ourselves, time has been spent preparing our Off-Campus programme so we are confident to shift to that mode if required. We thank you for your feedback and encouragement as we continue to respond to the daily updates regarding COVID-19 considerations. Your support is truly appreciated as we work to ensure the safety of our community, as this remains a priority.
Student-Led Conferences will take place next week and these will provide important opportunities to celebrate the learning of your child. Teachers have worked with their students to prepare for this important occasion. This is an opportunity for you to hear directly from your child and their teacher about the learning that has taken place. Equally, we look forward to your insights given the experience of learning that took place at home. Please note that should you wish to speak to specialist teachers, that this can be arranged. Email email@example.com who will assist in organising a time with you.
Student-Led Conferences will take place via Zoom. If your scheduled time is after school hours, your child/ren will access the Zoom call with you from home.
Please follow the instructions below:
- On the day of your Student-Led Conference, go to the Junior School OLLE homepage and click on the link for Student-Led Conferences Zoom details.
- Locate the Zoom link for the class teacher with which you have an appointment and begin your Zoom call at your scheduled time. You will be placed into a “waiting room” until the teacher is ready to begin the Student-Led Conference.
Some Guiding Questions for Parents:
- What made you decide to share this piece with me?
- What makes you most excited about coming to school?
- Tell me about your Unit of Inquiry, what are you learning about?
- How might I better support you as a reader at home?
- What’s the hardest part of the writing process for you? Why do you think so?
- What’s your favourite part of the writing process? Why?
- How do you feel about your overall learning so far in [subject/topic]?
- How do you learn best? What helps you in the classroom?
- How might I better help you with your learning at home?
- What are your goals? How can I help you achieve these?