In School Co-Curricular Activities
February 26, 2021
Every Tuesday afternoon this year, all students in Year 7 to Year 11 have the opportunity to participate in a co-curricular activity of their choice. This allows students to explore various interests while engaging with fellow students across different years groups. It also accommodates the many students and families whose busy after school schedules, make it challenging to take part in these activities normally.
We acknowledge the importance of student engagement across a broad range of activities for continual social, physical and intellectual growth. By offering a diverse range of activities we seek to build important lifelong skills through the provision of a rich educational experience that caters to the various passions and interests of our students.
The Tuesday Co-Curricular Programme is complementary to the numerous other sporting and academic activities on offer before and after school each day. The activities offered each Tuesday include:
2021 Homework and Tuition Hub
The TIGS Homework and Tuition Hub offers student access to outstanding specialist tuition beyond the classroom.
For those students seeking assistance in preparing for assessment tasks or exams, looking to refine subject-specific skills or are wanting support in developing time-management or organisation, then the TIGS Homework and Tuition Hub is the place to be. Each week, specialist teachers will be on hand to offer personalised tuition upstairs in the M Block learning space.
At the TIGS Tuition Hub you will benefit from:
- The expertise of specialist teachers who are available to answer any questions and provide whatever support you need.
- A personalised opportunity to help you review, refine and extend your class work.
- A quiet and studious environment in which to complete class work or homework, free from distraction.
- Opportunities to engage with practice-papers and receive support and guidance in preparation for external exams and assessment tasks.
- Highly focused study-assistance and exam-tips that will help equip you with the tools you need to achieve your learning goals.
- Opportunities to develop your research, revision and self-organisation skills and to practice them on structured assessment tasks (such as HSC questions) that will provide you with the feedback you need to understand your personal strengths and the areas that require some work.
The Homework and Tuition Hub takes place upstairs in M-Block from 3:30 – 4:30. starting with Maths and Science Tuition as follows: