Application now open for Learning Labs
October 21, 2022
The University of Wollongong invites TIGS students to Learning Labs, an academic and creative arts enrichment holiday program. We are targeting students from Year 1 to Year 6 who are passionate, self-motivated and curious learners.
Dates: Little Learning Labs (Year 1 and Year 2): 9 – 11 January 2023
Early Learning Labs (Year 3 to Year 6): 17 – 19 January 2023
Venue: University of Wollongong (Wollongong campus only)
Applications close: Wednesday 9 November 2022
- Students can be encouraged to apply by classroom teacher, or by their parents. If a teacher is identifying a potential student, please supply them with a Teacher Nomination Letter
- Parents or carers visit the UOW website and read the full list of workshops available by scrolling to the “Workshop Descriptions” section.
- Students apply for workshops that are within their current year (ie. Year 6 students in 2022 will apply for the Year 5 & 6 workshop). In exceptional circumstances, we are willing to review applicants who would like to try a more challenging workshop.
- Parents or carers (or School if parent/carer is unable to) fill out the online application form.
- This is an academic and creative arts enrichment program designed for students who are motivated and passionate learners and performing excellently in their area of interest. First-time applicants are required to demonstrate their suitability for the program. One piece of supporting documentation is required (see ‘Supporting Documentation’ section on website). Please note that the Teacher Nomination Letter can be used as a supporting document.
We will also have several sponsorship places available for students who identify as Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander or students experiencing financial difficulty.
For further information about workshops and the application process please visit our website, or contact the Learning Labs team via email at: