How To Apply
All job applications should contain the following:
1. Completed ‘Job Application Cover Sheet’ located at the bottom this page or by contacting the School directly.
2. Philosophical and Pedagogical Statement. This document will outline your stance in relation to the position, allowing the demonstration of alignment between your own world view and the School’s Statement of Mission and Values (for academic positions).
3. Resume/Curriculum Vitae. This document should contain a brief description of your past/present employment history and outline of achievements, education background and qualifications obtained.
4. The names of three (3) Referees. (Referees nominated should be readily accessible and advised by the applicant that they may be contacted by the School. Two (2) should be known to the applicant professionally and one (1) must be from a Minister of Religion).
5. Applicants must have a current clearance to work with children or make application before commencing any employment with The Illawarra Grammar School. For details on how to make your application please visit NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian.
6. Copies of all Academic Transcripts/Qualifications. Qualifications gained outside of Australia must be recognised by the NSW Educations Standards Authority (NESA), or equivalent authority.
7. Up-to-date Statements of Service (for Academic positions).
8. Evidence of accreditation with the NSW Institute of Teachers (for those qualified after October 2004).
9. Proof of Accreditation (an accreditation card, a letter from the NSW Institute of Teachers) or proof of employment as a teacher in NSW within the last five years (for Academic positions)
In applying for employment at TIGS, you will be providing the School with personal information. Please refer to the Employment Collection Notice located below.
For Casual Positions
Please forward application to the Junior School or Senior School office.
For Advertised Positions Vacant
Please forward application to the Principal.
All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt by return email.