It’s All Systems Go
May 29, 2020
Welcome back to our Year 5 and Year 6 students! It is wonderful to have them return this week. Wow, it is incredible to see how much growth has taken place over the past few weeks, and this is not just in height! Congratulations to all of our Kindergarten to Year 6 students and their families for an incredibly successful Off-Campus programme of learning. As our students return, we are thrilled to see their excellent progress and skill development. We have had the opportunity to review our students’ progress, and have identified areas of focus for the remainder of the term.
How is my child progressing?
Reports will look slightly different this semester, reflecting the nature of the unique learning situation that took place. Information will be provided to you that reflects the learning that has taken place across the entire first semester. The learning content, mode of delivery and engagement with learning have all been considered and the information provided to you will be explicit, parent-friendly and give you clear next steps for your child’s learning. Opportunities to discuss your child’s development will take place during the Student-Led Conferences, set to take place at the commencement of Term III. If you have any concerns in the meantime, our Teachers are available should you wish to have a conversation sooner.
End of day – Car Line Update!
With all students in Kindergarten to Year 6 now on campus, we have had increased traffic in the Junior School Car Park at key times. As a result of this, a staggering conclusion to the day will take place from Monday in Week 6, during Term II.
- Students in Kindergarten to Year 2 will be available in the carline from 3:00pm
- Students in Year 3 to Year 6 will be available from 3:15pm
- Families who have siblings across the school are asked to collect their children from 3:15pm. Students in Kindergarten to Year 2 will be supervised from 3:00pm
- Students who are not collected by 3:40pm will be escorted to our Outside School Hours Care Provider, PEAK, to be supervised until collection.
- Families arriving in the carline between 3:00pm and 3:15pm who do not have children in Kindergarten to Year 2 will be asked to exit the car line and return at 3:15pm.
Please keep your children at home if they are unwell. As you can appreciate, the current situation requires us all to be extra observant when it comes to the illness of our students and staff, and our response is more vigilant than usual. We will continue to be guided by the advice of the health department and general practitioners. If a child presents at any point in the day, with signs of being unwell, you will be contacted and asked to collect your child immediately. We thank you for your cooperation.