Head of HSIE
October 14, 2021
Your new school:
The Illawarra Grammar School is an independent co-educational P-12 Anglican Grammar School. We are part of a vibrant, diverse and engaged community; located where the mountains meet the sea, on the beautiful South Coast of NSW.
We provide our students with a holistic education where they are empowered to achieve their best through inquiry based learning. You will be supported in your role by a highly experienced team of teaching and support staff, with access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. Staff at TIGS are expected to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to both education and the Christian faith, embodying the values upon which our school was founded.
Your new role:
This is a leadership position for a highly motivated and experienced educator. Your goal will be to partner with us to realise the school’s strategic plan, develop and implement an innovative curriculum, support and manage your department in achieving exceptional student outcomes and promote through instruction and example our school’s Christian values.
Benefits and Opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package
- Supportive team culture
- High impact role with the ability to make a difference and drive improvement
Qualifications and Accreditation
- Relevant University/Tertiary teaching qualifications from a recognised institution
- Demonstrated teaching experience
- Commitment to the School’s Mission
- Commitment to the School’s Strategic Plan
- Excellent teacher (as described by Highly Accomplished and Lead Australian Professional Teacher Standards)
- Demonstrated skills in student wellbeing
- Superior knowledge of pedagogy and practice
- Superior knowledge and experience in HSIE subjects
- Demonstrated team leadership skills
- Demonstrated team membership skills
- Innovative and oriented towards opportunities for success.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Job Application Cover Sheet
- Current CV
- Covering letter (1-2 pages) outlining your interest in the role and how your skills and experience meet the selection criteria
Child protection legislation requires the successful applicant to supply a Working with Children Check.
For enquiries please contact Nicole Cheetham on (02) 42200 200
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 29 October 2021